Saturday, March 8, 2008

Keeping the USPS in business.....


Yesterday my dear(sneaky) friend Mary and I spent the day in St. Cloud shopping and getting pedicures and manicures. We started doing this last year to celebrate our birthdays!! And since mine is Sunday 'our day' was in order. We kept the shopping limited, the pedicure was really at the top of our list.

I should give a few more details, this is my 50th Birthday!
The one thing that is happening to me as I near the big 5-0 is that I have become very suspicious. Who wouldn't when a week before your birthday you start receiving a lot of mail (and voicemail) from 'living facilities'!!

Anyway, we had a wonderful day! But it wasn't over! We had plans to go out to eat and I asked our friends to stop at the house and we would leave from there. Well, that's when my DH Tim decided to give me a few of my Birthday cards that came this past week. There has to be over 50 pieces.


Well, out the door..... we're headed to the cities to spend the weekend with daughter #1 and her DH, daughter #2 is joining us..... I'll finish the story when I get back, I'm sure it has just begun......

2 comments:

Unity Stamp Company said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy BIRTHDAY Dear Karen, Happy Birthday to YOU! I didn't want to call and sing it the way you sweetly did for me. I KNOW you don't want to hear my singing voice. Lots of Love to you from us, on your 50th Karen. You are beautiful...inside and out and I adore you as my friend.

Susan Westberg said...

I got your comment on my blog and thought I would officially post here! Looks like you and Mary had a great time, and it sounds like you had fun with the family too! Again, happy birthday!!